The Yau Lab uses functional neuroimaging, noninvasive brain stimulation, computational modeling, and psychophysics to identify perceptual and neural processing principles that unify our senses and to characterize the complex interactions between the sensory systems.
- Alex, Kelly, Lexi, and Jeff’s paper, “Auditory Frequency Representations in Human Somatosensory Cortex” was published in Cerebral Cortex!
- Lucy and Shoaib presented at CCN 2017 in New York City!
- Jeff was featured in the “Images of NIH Peer Review” video!
- Lingyan passed her 1st year qualifying exam!
- Steffie leaves the lab to take a position as Visiting Professor in the Department of Biology at the University of St. Thomas.
- Lucy and Shoaib each had conference papers accepted for the inaugural conference on Cognitive Computational Neuroscience (CCN). Lucy was also awarded a student travel grant for CCN. See you in New York City in September!
- The lab goes to IMRF 2017 in Nashville, Tennessee! Silvia, Lexi, and Lucy present posters.
- Jeff presents a poster at NCM 2017 in Dublin, Ireland.
- Ryan wins William C. Howell Award from the Department of Psychology and School of Social Sciences!
- Kira and Ryan graduate from Rice and from the Yau Lab. Congratulations!
- Lingyan joins the lab as a graduate student!
- Lexi, Alex, and Jeff’s Journal of Neurophysiology paper selected as APS Select Article for March!
- Lucy wins a Barry Goldwater Honorable Mention award!
- Jeff gives a talk at ISBN 2017 in Las Vegas, NV
- Lexi wins the Graduate Student talk award at Rush and Helen Record Neuroscience Forum!
- Taek joins the lab as a post-doc!
- Shoaib wins the Best Poster Award, GCC Theoretical and Computational Neuroscience Conference, 2017.
- Lexi, Alex, and Jeff’s paper, Auditory adaptation improves tactile frequency perception is published in the Journal of Neurophysiology!
Prior to 2017
December 2016 | Lexi wins the CAMRI poster award at UTHealth 23rd Annual Neuroscience Poster Session!
November 2016 | The lab goes to SfN 2016 in San Diego, California! Silvia, Lexi, Shoaib, and Lucy present posters.
- Silvia wins the Best Italian doctoral thesis in Experimental Psychology from the Italian Association for Psychology!
- Jeff receives 3-year Dana Foundation grant as part of the David Mahoney Neuroimaging Program!
- Alex presents poster at ECVP 2016 in Barcelona, Spain.
- Kira and Lucy receive research funding from the Rice Undergraduate Scholars Program!
- Jeff receives R01 award from NINDS (“Supramodal human brain networks for temporal frequency processing”)
- Dakarai joins the lab as a SMART post-bacc fellow!
December 2015 | Alex awarded 1st place poster presentation (postdoc category) at UTHealth 23nd Annual Neuroscience Poster Session.
April 2015 | Jeff awarded Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship!
August 2014 | Lexi receives a Rice/BCM Neuroengineering IGERT Fellowship!
March 3, 2014 | Yau Lab is born!